Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful For …

These knuckleheads:

The whole fam-damn-ily, as my Sainted Irish Mother would say, circa 1969. In order, by age: Helen, Mary, Caroline, Paul, Mark, John (1955 – 1991), Margaret, Tom (1958 – 2009), Anne, Joan, and me. Also: Paul J. (1921 – 1994) and Margaret M. von Ebers, who literally changed the world. And Heidi, our family dog, who was scared of her own shadow but could eat an entire roast beef if it was left unattended.

And I’m especially thankful for these three:

From left, Mark (12), Paul (14) and Claire (9). They’re not knuckleheads; or, if they are, I’m not going to say that on the internets tubes. They’re the only ones keeping us sane anymore.

And most of all, for Jennifer:

Be well. Eat as much as you want. Tip a few back. You’re allowed to every once in awhile.

Happy Thanksgiving!

© 2010 David P. von Ebers. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I am retty sure (except, of course, for the wife, the daughter and the cat) that teh Wonkette covered all the things I'm thankful for in this post:
    http://wonkette.com/431083/wholesome-american-guts-a-thanksgiving-prayer-from-our-proud-past#idc-cover

    I would also be thankful that I know how to post a link using that html thingy, but I do not and so I am not.

    Good to have you back, btw.

    ReplyDelete